Admissions Open for Teacher Training Course 2014/2015
Module A : September 26th – October 3rd (2014)
Module B : January 23rd – 30th (2015)
Module C : May 22nd – 29th (2015)
IMPORTANT! The course can only be started from Module A.
The classes are held in Latvian and English with translation which is provided from inside resources.
The cost of the course is 1999 EUR (paid as lumpsum) for which are included instruction, handout material, as well as accommodation and vegetarian meals during the retreat (Module C). It will be possible to pay in 4 instalments- due-dates to be announced soon-, each installment will be 525 EUR. Payment schedule must be agreed upon with school board beforehand.
The course will be taught by experienced teachers:
- Govind (Latvia) - have sertificate from Yoga life foundation (200 hours), Dharamsala, India and World Conscious family (500 hours), Anand Prakash Ashram, Rishikesh, India.
- Ilvita Kļaviņa (Latvia) – have sertificate from Yoga Haven (200 hours), Brighton, UK.
- Swami VINAYA CHAITANYA (Prof. in Aesthetics, East-West University of Unitive Sciences, India).
- Ance Karnupa (Latvia) – have sertificate from Gundega Baltic school of Yoga (200 hours).
During the course the following subjects will be taught:
- Philosophy and history of Yoga
- Methodology and practice of teaching
- Chakras and the human energy system
- Asana, pranayama
- Advanced poses and others
- Avenues of teaching.
Our programme complies with the Yoga Alliance 200 hour Standard. Upon successful completion of the course an internationally recognised certificate will be issued, which gives the right to work as a Yoga teacher in the USA, Canada and Europe. The course consists of three intensive instruction modules, each of which lasts one week. Module C is in the form of a retreat with deepened self-communion in the Yoga way of life. YOU can get impression from pictures. This course is interesting both for those who plan to continue their careers as Yoga teachers and for Yoga enthusiasts who want to deepen their knowledge and raise their personal practices to an in principle new level.
In what way is the GUNDEGA Baltic School of Yoga unique?
We offer a convenient form of instruction, where it is not necessary to be away from family and work for a long period. We are the first school in the Baltic States to be registered with the Yoga Alliance. In addition to classical Hatha Yoga, our students have the opportunity to acquire the GUNDEGA Hot Yoga method, which has been developed by Ilvita Kļaviņa.